This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, August 14, 2005

the second time

Hey ya'll

I am offically in love! I just got back from the Dominican Republic for the second time this year. It was an amazing trip just like last time. The people on this trip, Sharla, Abbye, Kelly, Allison, Jason, my Dad, Don, Kate, and Scott, made this trip an unforgetable experiance. It was so cool going into Chichgua (is that how you spell it?) and some of the kids remembered me and remembered that I helped paint their church last time. Even though hanging with the younger kids was challenging at times it was so worth it. Everytime Im with them I grow as a person and I enjoy every minute that Im there. This boy in the pic was my fav throughout the week in Chichgua. His name is Alfred and just the most adorable ever. All week he would never let me go, so we kinda bonded! (My left arm is really strong now 'cause he was not the smallest kid in the bunch) but that’s ok, he was awesome and I wanted to bring this one home too!An awesome thing for me to get to experiance was taking the boys to the water park. To me going to a water park can be a normal thing but to them it was a first. It was awesome to see how excited the boys were everytime they got off a ride like it was the best thing in the world. Its great to see how the Lord provides for everything and it was cool that I could be a part of the trip again. Thanks to Sharla and Makarios for everything they do and providing these life changing experiances. What yall do is absoultely amazing! I so cant wait to go back because I dont think I can live without going back and seeing thoes precious faces!! I love it down there and this trip was life changing and awesome!!!!!
~jen~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home