This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

rest

posted by sharla

just when things were getting really crazy, God put it on my heart to rest. not just to take a day off, but to enter into a new mindset of ongoing rest. it wasn't really an issue of making time for rest per se, because right now, I know that God has all these things on my plate. it was more an issue of resting in God. trusting in Him. being patient. nobody likes being patient, especially with matters of the heart. but God has shown me that it is sweet to trust in Him and NOT know the answers to all of my questions. I can actually rejoice in the waiting!

if you're wondering why I'm so busy, what I'm waiting on, etc, here's some of it: getting new staff oriented in the DR, starting a farming project in the DR, looking for land to build a MAK house, opening a coffee shop in austin to support our ministries, figuring out the adoption process for Isaac, Jacob, and now potentially Ian, and much, much more! keep praying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home