This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

back to preschool

posted by Will

Well, my first two days of preschool have gone quite well. The first day I worked on my farm animals, ( what is that darn goat called?!?) and today I practiced the alphabet. The toughest letters to remember are deffinitely G,J, and V. The kid's there are really cute and hard to understand. Every morning when I go to preschool there are cows grazing outside.
I went up to the Rea's over the weekend and barely got out of bed the whole time. I don't know if Sharla gave it to me, or I gave it to her, but we must of had the same thing. I also had probably the worst sore throat of my entire life for about 5 days . I feel fine now though.
Tommorow Guille, the husband of the lady that runs the preschool, is going to take me to get wood to make 5 bunkbeds for the new Makarios place. Speaking of which, I am going to have to post some pictures of this place when Brian and Bethany move in. I mean, it's right on the beach, the mountains are right on the other side, it's got two hot tubs, a suana, raquetball court, indoor pool, billiards, a three car garage, and it's in the rich missionary neighborhood. I better not tell you any more or I will start to make Brian feel guilty again. Anyway, if anyone is interested in coming down, you want to do it after feb. 15 because the other place isn't quite as nice.
I took a walk yesterday down some road here for a few miles to some road to Licey. The shock that these people had from seeing a real live grinko in their neighborhood was really funny. My family will tell you, I can not help laughing some times, and it was all I could do not to break down under the stares I was getting. Also, for the more seasoned DR people, is it common for old ladies to smoke cigars? It seemed like there were grandmas everywhere with big ol' stogies hanging out of their mouths. I also discovered that, in case you run out of money while building a wall around your house, fear not, just stick a whole bunch of broken beer bottles in some cement on top of the wall. Hey, I wouldn't want to cross it.
If anyone has been wondering about writing me, I will let you know when I have an address for you to send the letters to. Right now it looks like that will be Brian and Bethany's address at the new place. I was also in an internet cafe on the side of the road near the current Makarios shack that was selling toilet paper on the side. I guess that's normal.

Will

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will, it's quite common for cows to graze outside of schools. Aren't you from West Virginia? The cigar smoking grammas are new to me.

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home