This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Aguacate

Posted by Sharla
I'm not kidding you when I say that I recently purchased an avocado the size of my head. It cost me about 50 cents (15 pesos for those dominicans out there) and it was super. It made enough guacamole for about 12 people. I'm not saying that 12 people have consumed the guac, but that's how much it made. I really wish I would have taken a picture of it. Now when you go to the grocery store and you see a sign for "large Haas avocados" (which are only 4 inches tall), I just want you to laugh and think of all the great avacados you consumed down here. If you haven't been down here, what are you waiting for? The guacamole is ready!

Our programs started up this week and I'll spend next week in the villages with Brian and Bethany. This week I'm in Santiago working on a few things I have up my sleeve. Lots of cool things are in the works, but you'll have to wait until they're finalized to read about them. God is opening some exciting doors and I can't wait to see how it all comes together! Cliff hanger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home