This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Philadelphia

My road trip has come to an end and I've landed in the Philadelphia area to visit my parents. Last week I spoke at Calvary Bible Church in Phoenixville, PA and spent some time at Philadelphia Biblical University. I spoke to an international business class, and several of the students are intersted in interning with us. I can't wait to have all these interns down in the DR. I think it will be a great experience for them and for us!

Since I have told you about the weather along the way (and when I say "told" I mean "complained") I will follow up with a comment about the weather on the east coast. It's much nicer! Actually, it's about as cold here now as it was a month or more ago in the midwest. As a former science teacher, I'm tempted to go into an explanation of the effects of the ocean on the temperatures, but I shall refrain. But if you're interested, you know where to find me.

I haven't had any more sightings of things like black squirrels or signs about used cows. I promise to have all manner of excitement to share while I'm down in the DR this winter.

I leave for Austin (by plane) on Saturday and will be there two weeks - and I can't wait to get there. It is more or less "my home" at this point. I guess the DR is too. Two homes are better than none, yes?

Thanks as always for your prayers, encouragement, and support. You are a blessing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home