This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

interns, small groups, and the mighty black squirrel of the north

Black squirrels are originally from Ontario, but some have recently moved to Indiana! They're strange looking creatures and I'm quite sure we don't have any in Texas. Incidentally, there are no armadillos here.

My trip is going very well - thanks for your prayers and interest! God opens the doors and I just walk through them. I am finding over and over again that the more I know my God and His character, the easier it is to trust Him with the unknown and unseen. God tells not to worry (Matt. 6, Luke 12) and when we do, it not only demonstrates our lack of trust, it shows our lack of undstanding of the sovereignty of God. This is one of the many lessons that He has been teaching me since the inception of Makarios. He is a BIG God and shows Himself faithful in so many ways. Yet it seems I need repeated lessons on trusting Him. It's a struggle for me to find the balance between knowing and fulfilling my responsibilities and knowing what to leave up to Him. Ultimately, I need to leave it all up to Him, but at the same time, He has entrusted me with a job to do in His service. It can then become hard to know if I've done everything that I should do. All I know is I need to do my work heartily as unto the Lord and there's nothing more I can do!

We continue to have a lot of interest in our internship program and in group missions trips. Please pray for those who will be coming down this spring and for our staff as we plan for their arrival. Pray that God will use them to effectively communicate His love to the villagers. We also have the need and opportunity to add some new staff members to our team over the next year. Please pray for God's direction.

By the way, the weather finally did warm up - 60s and 70s! It's a miracle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home