This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

no elvis sightings here

My time in Memphis is quickly coming to a close. I made it here safe and sound - thanks, those of you who were praying! My mother was concerned about me arriving in the dark. If that worries her, we won't tell her what kinds of things go on in the DR!

Things went well at the church this evening. I gave a twenty minute presentation after a church dinner and the people were very friendly and receptive. I continue to sell Dominican coffee as a fundraiser, and I'm quickly running out. I emailed Brian today asking him to sent more. It's good stuff. I don't even like coffee and I like this stuff! Of course I drink it Dominican style with lots of milk and sugar.

I'm leaving in the morning for Cedarville, Ohio, home of the best Christian university in the nation. I'll be stopping on the way at one of the finest Gap outlets (located in KY) where all jeans and khakis are $10! Well, they used to be ten years ago. Who knows what they are now.

Please post comments letting me know the best ways to pass the time whilst driving. I was quite bored on the way here, despite my books on cd.

Please continue to pray for my safety and the general well being of the mighty Prelude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point. A Call to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway is not that great. Nor is The Sun Also Rises. But I really enjoyed For Whom the Bell Tolls (it tolls for thee, incidentally).

1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually not good news that the bells are tolling for you. Just so you know.

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home