This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, October 10, 2004

next stop: Ft. Wayne, Indiana!

God is good, you know? He really is. He continues to meet my needs at the perfect time. I found a Christian mechanic in Cedarville who fixed my clutch for free. Then I cracked a tooth and my friend Cara got me an appointment with a Christian dentist who grew up as a missionary kid in the Dominican Republic, and he fixed my tooth for free!

God has provided for Makarios in similar ways. Last month we were $1600 below budget until the day I had to call in payroll - and then all $1600 came in! This time for me with Makarios has been challenging and stretching. I have been stripped of anything that I could potentially depend on - I don't have a home (my stuff is in storage in Austin until March while I'm on the road), I can't rely on a paycheck, no husband, etc. My stability and trust can only be found in the Lord. It's been a test of my faith and I wouldn't replace this time for anything. God has provided for all of my needs and has been my joy and strength.

I am now in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I have meetings and speaking engagements set up this week and next, and look forward to having several weeks with my good friend Cara Smith, one of my college roommates. I'm staying with her and her husband and their two kids while I'm here.

Thank you for your prayers, emails, and support. They are a tremendous encouragement to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home