This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Thursday, October 21, 2004

searching for autumn in northern Indiana

My October in Indiana has left me with one question: isn't there supposed to be a season inbetween summer and winter? I know I've been out of the midwest for 8 years, so maybe I've forgotten. I have already had to wear a scarf, gloves, and hat to ward off the freezing wind chills. Then all week the weather report has been a big flirt - forcasting 60s and 70s the day before and then the day of announcing a high of 50! Somehow, by the grace of God, I am surviving.

I am currently at Indiana Wesleyan University. Earlier this morning I had a meeting here about our intership program. It went very well and I look forward to having some IWUers down in the DR soon! This afternoon I'll be at Taylor University for a similar meeting.

This evening I'll be having dinner with some good friends of mine in Muncie. I was in their wedding about 12 years ago. They now have three kids, the youngest of which I've never met. I look forward to spending time with them and hearing about their ministry. They are missionaries with Youth for Christ in local public schools.

Thank you for your prayers for safety and provision. God is so faithful! It is a blessing to wait upon Him and to see how He provides for the needs of the kids in the bateyes and for the needs of our staff. Please pray that we will be open vessels through which He can work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how was it getting to see hope and kraig sharla this is kim

6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home