This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

"yer from Texas? you must be freezing!"

A friendly trucker noticed my license plate and made the above comment today. It's true, I'm rather cold. But I feel like I've given the rotten weather enough press in this blog. On to the update!

The past week has been busy! I drove from Ft Wayne to Chicago last Thursday. I stayed with Bethany, who is soon to marry our very own Brian, and join our staff! It was great to spend time with her and meet her family. You will soon be able to read her blog posts as well!

I went to Wheaton College and had a great meeting with they guy who coordinates six month long international internships. Things look promising and we may even have someone from Wheaton down this summer!

I was also able to meet up with one of my former roommates from the DR - Lynette. She's super. Met her fiance too - and he seems like a keeper.

After my trip to the Chicago area, I headed to Albion, IN. You haven't heard of it? It is a small town in northern Indiana. It was there that I was able to witness on of the greatest Steelers victories since they stopped winning super bowls. Oh yes, they beat the undefeated Patriots! It was a good day.

That evening I spoke at a church in Albion. The church is pastored by a good friend of my dad's and it was good to see him and his family. On a totally unrelated note, their niece plays basketball for the University of Tennessee. They have a good team, but they've managed to lose to Texas the last three years. Not that that matters or anything. Go horns. Anyway, things went well at the church and I was very encouraged by the response and level of interest. God is so cool, providing for all our needs along the way. One little girl gave $10 of her own money. Awesome!

Last night, I spoke at a missions conference in Elkhart, Indiana. It's a lovely town, don't believe anything different. The service went well and afterwards I was invited to partake in the supplies of the "missonary closet." That was fun - I was able to get some bedding and towels for the Makarios house in the DR. Just another piece of God's provision pie.

Please continue to pray for Makarios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home