This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Monday, December 06, 2004

picking tomatoes in Texas

I'm back in Texas where it's nice and warm. I was making a salad at my friend's house and I asked what she wanted me to put on it. She suggested I go out to her garden and see if there were any tomatoes. What!?!?!? It's December! There are still tomatoes growing in the garden? Oh yes, there sure were. I picked tomatoes and green bell peppers and it was a lovely salad. Ah Texas, everything I remembered it to be.

So over 4,000 miles later, my road trip is over - sort of. My car is still in Philly where I will be for Christmas. I fly from there to the DR on December 27th and then return January 29th and drive back to Texas, our Texas. Hook 'em horns.

I was blessed with safety on the road and plenty of time to pray while driving (with my eyes open). I was blessed with the chance to reconnect with many friends and make many more. I was encouraged by so many people along the way. God taught me what it means to trust only and completely in Him. God provided for all of our needs - often in unconventional ways and often at the last minute, but He always provided.

We have interns and groups scheduled to come down to the DR as a result of the trip, and we have new prayer and financial supporters as well. God is so good!

The Steelers continue to win and the horns are in the Rose Bowl, so I'm going to have to rank this the best football season ever. Even if only bad things happen from here on out, it's still been a great ride. I sure love that foozball.

Brian and Bethany get married on December 18th, so please be praying for them as they start their new life together in our favorite country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home