This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

from Josh Davis

Josh was having some technical difficulties posting this, so he emailed this to me:

Hi! this is my first blog ever, and i am quite excited, even after a 14 hour work day so far!

For years i have prayed about relationships between Dominicans and Haitians. In fact, it was my first "up close" loo
k at racism and discrimination. I can remember riding in a concho with my friend "roberto" who was a haitian guy and seeing all the looks the people gave him, and hearing all the insults muttered quietly. I also have this vivid recollection of a Dominican guy on a bicycle riding by and hitting this Haitian guy on the head as he passed. Many Dominicans see Haitians as "sub-human"...so I am thrilled that PROSKUNEO (www.proskuneo.info) gets to team up with MAKARIOS for two days in the DR.

PROSKUNEO exists to promote unity in the body of
Christ through multi-lingual, multicultural worship gatherings...(sounds like a mission statement, doeesn't it...well it is!) and I am so excited for this first attempt to bring Dominicans and Haitians together. Some of the ones that will be there are already brothers and sisters in Christ. We just are giving them the opportunity to recognize it, and celebrate it a little bit, as we adore GOD together. What a testimony to the watching world as Dominicans and Haitians worship GOD together and love each other in the process. man! I get a big smile on my face just thinking about it. So, that is where we are...pray for the process if you think about it. That GOD's kingdom will come and HIS will be done on earth like it is in heaven...

more later, as we celebrate what GOD does...
Josh Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home