This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Monday, June 26, 2006

we heart summer staff

posted by sharla, wishing she was a summer staffer

we have a great crew of summer staff working with us now. you may wonder why you don't hear from them more on this blog, and frankly, I wonder the same thing. I think they are too busy having fun to take the time to post on a dial-up connection. can we blame them?

we are blessed to have all of these people working with us this summer (in order of appearance): Chris Patterson, Constance Dykhuizen, Kristen Dobson, Mike Mehlan, Jill McCleary, Byron French, and Jenn Noll. they're all awesome and I wish I could be there to experience it all with them!

a few highlights:
Chris, Constance, and Kristen were all there when we first heard about/got Jacob. Chris named him Chris (it didn't stick), and Kristen was the first to feed him. Constance said she cannot be left in charge of a plant so please don't give her baby responsibilities.

Chris and Constance went to the island directly west of the DR. I cannot say the name because they may or may not have had permission to be there.

Kristen and Mike went to Jarabacoa, where I can only assume they jumped off of waterfalls and did not drown. I almost drown there last summer, so I consider that a sizeable feat.

All of them were there for the Chichigua well digging, which I am extremely jealous to have missed! I love that story.

Jill just got there yesterday, so no news yet, but I can tell you she has a motorcycle, so watch out.

Byron and Jenn arrive tomorrow and then their adventure will begin.

Please pray for their safety and their ministry. God is doing awesome things all over the world, and I am particularly excited about what he's doing on our little island!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home