This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh, Pancho!

Well, 3 weeks gone visiting in the states and now I am back in the saddle again. There is a new staff, a new group of interns, and a new feel for the upcoming year. I have been here about a week, and have enjoyed every minute of it.

Robin, Weston, and I went to Pancho Mateo on Friday, and were greeted by the usual love/hate reactions of the kids.

Camila!! Camila!!

Why were you gone so long?

Hola Camila!

Uh, why didn't you bring anything back for me?

You're my mom. Camila es mi mama!

I don't want to have to walk to class, I'm not going.

YES!! Class! Oooh, I want to be in your afternoon class.

Why aren't you going to my house. Tu eres mala (You're bad).

Why did you chop all your hair off? It's ugly.

Meanwhile,
Weston has become the newest jungle gym for David, Daribelto, Liso, Gerald and Berni Wiliam, and Robin is hopelessly trying to figure out how in the heck to spell names like"Berni Wiliam" on the school applications she is helping me to fill out.

Oh, it's good to be back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

you make me laugh! or maybe it's pancho mateo that makes me laugh... i miss yall!

6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home