This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Corn in Chichigua and Kittens for All People



Hello!

I took this picture during Semana Santa two weeks ago--the one of corn in Chichigua. If you look closely, you can see what I think are corn kernels drying out on the blue tarp in between these houses. No one was around to ask what it was for (presumably to eat?) so I just took a picture instead. I like photos like these because they remind me that Chichigua isn't just a place that I visit to talk to students but it's where people live. And certainly there's no problem taking a picture of the corn in front of someone's house, but it does make me smile thinking about some of things about my life at home in the U.S. that would be weird or funny or charming to the families here. That's all. :)

The kittens were born LAST WEEK at a colmado near the school. Natanael's mom runs the store and Natanael, who is in Camille's class, always tells me when they have kittens because he knows that I'm borderline crazy about animals. At least I've become that way here. I miss them so much! Besides, look at this picture! They can't even open their eyes! So. Enjoy the little guys. More than once I've considered taking a few home. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home