This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Saturday, July 05, 2008

los tweems

posted by sharla

the twins are getting bigger and bigger and cuter and cuter. I offer proof:


The adoption process is actually moving along. Plenty of hitches in the process, but right now it seems I'm making progress. I'd saying I'm at least another 9-12 months from being able to bring them home. All in God's timing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Globalfriends said...

Sharla,
I was doing a word search on makarios while doing a Bible message and I happily stumbled on your website. Your blogs and Laura's and I could not help getting misty eyed (my kids think I am such a softie crying at anything mushy)thinking of what you folks are doing and how God brings so much joy in your lives by giving it to others. My wife and I joyfully worked with the poor in the Philippines for 6 years and I know how much joy you have doing it. My two kids are following the same route in Mexico and among the Lakota indians. Thanks for inspiring us.
Question: Are you and your family situated in DR or managing the projects from the States?

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for your comment and for reading our blog! i split my time between the DR and Austin, but will live primarily in Austin once the twins' adoption goes through. for now, they can't come to the states with me, so I'm there as much as I can be.

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home