This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Wishing I was there...

Posted by Christine

Today, a week ago, I was down in a wonderful place called the Dominican Republic. Every day since I have gotten back to the states, I have missed being there. God truly transformed my heart while I was there. I told Will this several times throughout the trip, but I am still so jealous that he can be homeschooled and be down there for 3 months.
I want to say thank you to Sharla and Senora Majcher for planning the trip and to Brian and Bethany who were such amazing hosts to all of us. I admire y'all so much, Brian and Bethany. For a long time now, God has been telling me that he wants me to go into some kind of missions when I get older, but I have come up with all kinds of excuses to ignore Him. Y'all showed me that being a missionary is definitely something I want to do now, whether long term or short term. Thank you for your encouragement throughout the trip. Thanks for helping me realize how God has gifted me with children. Also, Senora Majcher, thanks for being an encouragement back here at home this past week.
God really broke my heart while I was there. He showed me how he has gifted me and he showed me a lot of things I had never seen before. Living in such a materialistic world, which seems to only be made worse by the private school I attend (my classmates), it is hard to not let that effect you. Since I have returned, I see everything differently and I am so thankful for how God has blessed me. Not a day goes by when I don't think of those kids and their houses, the water situation, Mares and his ministry, and Reuben and his farm. They had such an impact on me. I miss Bernito and Pajon (spelling?) the most. I wish I could be back there this instant holding them and laughing with them.
I have told many people about this trip, coming to tears as I tell them about Bernito and Pajon and the amazing work being done down there. I am excited about returning next spring break and hopefully more in the future to work with Makarios.
Here is a link where I placed all of the pictures from the trip. You may want to check back in a few weeks, because I will be placing many of the pictures I steal from other people there also.
http://community.webshots.com/album/303474740IUYZQm
Brian and Bethany, I am praying for you everyday. May God truly bless your lives and your ministry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

5:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home