This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Saturday, March 25, 2006

basketball at the beach

posted by sharla

I leave early in the morning for the DR. my parents are bringing a group down from their church in phoenixville, pa. it'll be fun to have my parents down in my favorite country. they've been there two other times, but this will be their first visit since makarios began.

my dad will be teaching the pastors and leaders from our villages in what I hope will be the first of an ongoing training program. pastors from the austin stone community church will be down in may to do session #2.

the women will be working with a group of ladies in chichigua and possibly los cocos. I'm excited about this because we've never really had any kind of program for the ladies. they'll be teaching them how to make braided rugs and pot holders. some of the women will also work with the kids during that time, playing games and doing crafts. there are a few work projects that they'll tackle as well.

after the group leaves, I'll be staying for a few extra days with my parents at the beach. that is where I'll be for the ncaa basketball championship game. those of you who have been there can picture me at jose o'shays. and also, just to make you jealous, picture me at lax for dinner. and dirt biking through the mountains. and there's my little vacation.

please pray for the group, for the men's classes and the women and children's programs. we'll also be helping Mares out with a revival in chichigua, and would appreciate your prayers for this event. pray that the gospel is communicated clearly and that many come to know the Lord as their Savior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home