This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Thursday, January 04, 2007

feed us!


more on the feeding program...

we still need about $400 a month to feed all of the kids in our program. it costs $4 a month to feed one child twice a week. right now we don't have enough for a full meal, so we are giving them a hard boiled egg and a glass of milk. one of the kids asked camille if we had a cow since we had so much milk. hmm...maybe we need to get a cow! until then, powdered milk it is! and believe it or not, they really like the powdered milk. but I know they would also like a piece of bread and fruit, so dig out the change from the sofa and send it in!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can we sponsor buying a cow?

8:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. I will do some research on the going rate of a cow in the DR. we even have the farm to put it on! of course in the DR cows can live anywhere, so we might just keep her in our yard.

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think a yard cow is a necessity. I am sure Alexia and Camille would be thrilled!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

there's 5 cows outside the house right now, so we've go that part taken care of. now i just need training in how to milk them!

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Jewel said...

How do I start sponsoring a child?

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey jewel - I dont have your email address, but send me one and I'll get the info to you. I'd post it here but then spam software will find it and spam me! hope to hear from you soon!

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home