This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, February 11, 2007

update from Royce, fearless intern

I have had a lot of new experiences since arriving here, including but not limited to: eating food that I don't really like, traveling through the country alone, dealing with a Dominican mechanic in Spanish (that's something I never thought I'd do), and saying Bible verses in Creole. I have also been learning some Creole, as most of the kids speak both Spanish and Creole.

I have seen the Lord do a lot of cool things here!!! One day he provided us with a free ride after someone I was with prayed for one. I have also met a lot of people. Today I was talking with a guy, and I found out that he played drums and that turned into us having a Dominican jam session!!

The Lord has given me opportunities to minister to people as well. I think that just loving on these kids has been a big ministry, but also I have had the chance to lead worship a few times. Yesterday a group of guys was here helping and I led the worship and devotion time. The Lord is growing me in so many different ways!

There are a few things you can be praying for. I am trying to organize a "concert" for the kids that would happen before I leave. Pray that I would be able to trust the Lord with that and get the kids organized. I just started teaching a guitar class, praying the guys would learn and in turn be able to minister to others. And finally, that I would run the race set before me with endurance and with all my heart. Thank you so much for praying. I believe it is making a difference in the Dominican and for the Kingdom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home