This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Sunday, April 03, 2005

will's everyotherweekly or wheneverIcangettoit update

posted by will

It's finally raining here in Santiago! It hasn't rained for over a month and it was getting very dry and dusty. This should cool things down too. For the last 2 weeks I have been back to the regular routine of building stuff on tues. and thurs. and working at the preschool on the other days. Tommorrow and wed. Shelly isn't going to be at the preschool though, so that will be interesting. Noone else there speaks english. I just got back from Puerto Plata on the bus. I was just sitting there listening to the radio when the lady next to me's purse started clucking and all of the sudden a big chicken stuck it's head out. She just shoved it back in and it was ok for while, but towards the end of the trip I think it had an accident and it was pretty bad. Brian and Bethany took me to a special service this morning at a village called Maimon. I'm just guessing at the spelling, but that's what it sounded like. There were 5 baptisms, 1 baby dedication, and a wedding all in the same service. For the baptisms we walked up a path into a ravine with a little creek. Someone had dammed the stream up to make a little pool. I got some pictures and I am putting them up right now. www.msnusers.com/willspictures People from all the villages came out for the service. A lot of the people from Maimon live off the Puerto Plata dump, which is right over the hill. The Rea's are still trying to get phone service at the villa so that's why they haven't put any updates up on this page. Well it looks like the Pirates are gearing up for another loosing season. What will this be, 15 straight years under .500? It's starting to get out of control. When will we finally get a salary cap to solve this mess. I think the pirates team salary cap last year was like 30 million. A-Rod alone earned 30 million last year. It rediculous to expect a competitive league with that kind of imbalance. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left down here. The time has been flying by. It just started raining really hard. I haven't had a hair cut since I 've been down here. I walked about 3/4 of a mile down the road to a little salon(they're everywhere) last wednesday and sat there for about 45 min. waiting for some girl to get her hair combed and dried. When the lady finally finished, the girl got up and I went to sit down in the only chair. By the time I had sat down the power was out. Great...maybe God doesn't want me to get a hair cut.

Shaggy Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home