This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The past few months

These past few months have been busy for us. We had two groups that were awesome. One in March and the other in April. I know people have posted blogs from both of these groups and told about what they did. We enjoyed having them here and for the enormous help both groups were. I also had a minor surgery/procedure (they put stints in my ureters to open them and keep me from having kidney infections) done down here at the beginning of April. This has been a lot more of an inconvenience than I was originally thinking. All surgeries are an inconvenience but I was told by my doctor that I would still be able to do a lot of things and be on my feet within a couple of days. Well, I ended up spending a week in Santiago recovering and since then I still have pain here and there that keeps me from doing certain things (the stints will probably come out in a month). I also am very tired. Please pray for my health and that this procedure will alleviate the problems I have been having for the past year.
Brian's parents came down for spring break which was a lot of fun. We took them to Pancho Mateo and Chi Chi Gua on Good Friday. They brought down a craft for the kids to do and also New Testaments for all the older kids. The craft consisted of all the kids decorating a foam cross that they would be able to hang in their homes. The older kids were so excited to receive Bibles. We're praying that they will read them and grow in the knowledge of God's Word. Please pray for the kids in the village - for safety and protection as well as them coming to know Jesus. Please continue to keep Brian and I in your prayers as we are in the villages each day and working with these kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home