This is a journal made by those who work for or work with Makarios. We invite anyone who has been involved with our work to post thoughts and stories. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.makariosinternational.org

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

fort wayne, land of socks and opportunity

posted by sharla, about to embark on her annual fall trip to the unpredictable north

I am packing socks. I couldn't even remember where I kept them. turns out they have their very own drawer. I leave tomorrow morning for indiana and ohio. I'll be speaking at a couple of universities that are working with makarios on various projects. I'll also be able to catch up with some college friends, which is a huge plus.

for those of you who have been faithful blog readers since the summer of '04 (the days of yore and yesteryear), you'll remember that I enjoy the fall colors, but I have a love/hate relationship with the weather. Sure, it's 70 one day, but then the next it's 50 and getting down to freezing at night. I'm packing a tank top and my snow suit. fear not, there will be bagels from panera bread, and that is the ultimate equalizer.

I'd appreciate your prayers for safety and good contacts, functioning promotional dvds, and students who want to move down to the DR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home